Home School Liasion
HOME SCHOOL LIAISON
Frequent communication is of vital importance in developing and nurturing co-operation between home and school. In our school, communication between parents and teachers may take one of the following forms:
- Individual consultation: This occurs where a parent has asked for an interview with a teacher or has been invited to visit the school to exchange information or to discuss matters of concern. A note to the class teacher requesting such an appointment is always essential. It is also necessary that the purpose of the visit be stated so that teachers may undertake whatever preparation is necessary with regard to information and records.
- Appointment with Principal: Parents should contact Secretary at 8405132 if they wish to meet the Principal.
- Parent / teacher meetings are held towards the end of the first term or early in the second term.
- A meeting is held in May of each year with parents of the new Junior Infant pupils.
The following means of communication are also utilised:
- Notes in the pupil’s homework notebook.
- School reports are issued prior to the formal parent / teacher meetings.
- Details of school holidays or early school closures are always communicated in writing.
- Newsletters are issued twice per term.