- Accidents occur despite supervision. Minor accidents are treated at school. Slight cuts and grazes are normally treated by cleaning with cold water and applying a plaster to the wound. When a dressing has been put on a wound, parents are requested to inspect the wound when the child comes home from school.
- In the event of an accident/child becoming ill, every possible effort will be made to contact the pupil’s parents or the persons delegated to take responsibility for the pupil.
- Please complete the form giving details of home/work phone numbers. The school should be notified immediately of changes of address and/or changes of deputy.
- Non co-operation in this matter could result in a delay in having your child attended to medically, should the need arise.
- Please ensure that deputies’ consent has been received and that they live locally.
- Teachers will not accept responsibility for any medical expenses incurred.
- The Board of Management recommends that all parents avail of the facility to take out insurance to cover medical expenses incurred as a result of an accident in school